Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf is the first book in a series of six young adult paranormal romance novels by American international bestselling author Richelle Mead. It tells the story of Rosemarie “Rose” Hathaway, a dhampir girl, who is training to be a guardian of her moroi best friend, Vasilisa “Lissa” Dragomir. In the process of learning how to defeat strigoi in St. Vladimir’s Academy, Rose finds herself caught in a forbidden romance with her instructor, Dimitri Belikov, while having an unbreakable psychic bond with Lissa.
In this post, you will be able to freely download Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf as well as do the following:
- Get a summary of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
- About the author of Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead
- Learn vital information about the book Vampire Academy
- Know major characters in the book Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
- Know how many books are in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
- Learn where to buy Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf online
- Read reviews on vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Download vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
- Watch video reviews on vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Summary of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
Enter the complete saga of the international #1 bestselling Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead—soon to be a major motion picture!
Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth’s magic. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa’s best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever
About the Author Vampire Academy- Richelle Mead
Richelle Mead is an international bestselling author of over twenty-five books for both adults and teens. Her Georgina Kincaid and Dark Swan series take a witty but edgy look at the paranormal while her sci-fi Age of X series shows us a future with no religion. Over on the young adult side, Richelle has written the much-acclaimed Vampire Academy series and its spin-off, Bloodlines, about a secret society keeping the vampire world hidden from humans. Her latest project, The Glittering Court, takes place in a fantasy world inspired by colonial America, following the adventures of three impoverished girls trained up to be “ladies” who can make advantageous marriages in a dangerous new world across the sea.
Richelle’s books have been on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists and received honors from the American Library Association. Her books have been translated into over two dozen languages, as well as adapted into graphic novels. In 2014, Vampire Academy was made into a feature film. A lifelong reader, Richelle loves mythology.
Information about the book Vampire Academy(Amazon)
- Publisher : Razorbill; Box edition (December 31, 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 2784 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1595147586
- ISBN-13 : 978-1595147585
- Reading age : 12 – 15 years
- Lexile measure : 670L
- Grade level : 7 – 9
- Item Weight : 6.45 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.56 x 8.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #12,855 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: 4.8 out of 5 stars 3,002 ratings
Major Characters in The book vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
- Rosemarie “Rose” Hathaway, the narrator. A dhampir teenager training to be a guardian at St. Vladimir’s Academy, Rose has a spirit bond with Lissa as a result of being brought back to life by Lissa’s magic. Rose falls in love with her older mentor Dimitri.
- Vasilisa “Lissa” Dragomir, a Moroi, the last of the royal Dragomirs, and Rose’s best friend. A user of a rare form of magic (spirit), she can bring the dead back to life, heal, and use compulsion. She maintains a bond with Rose throughout the majority of the series.
- Dimitri Belikov, a twenty-four-year-old Russian dhampir and guardian. He is Rose’s primary love interest.
- Christian Ozera, a Moroi and Lissa’s primary love interest. His parents willingly turned Strigoi, causing people to treat him with distrust.
- Adrian Ivashkov, a Moroi spirit user who dated Rose.
- Mia Rinaldi, a Moroi water user. Rose and Lissa’s enemy (and later, friend) at St. Vladimir’s Academy.
- Abe Mazur, Rose’s father and an influential Moroi whom Rose didn’t know earlier. He has weird networks and gangster dealings to solve problems for his daughter. Rose comes to know him only in the fourth book.
- Sydney Sage, a strict but friendly alchemist who helps Rose find Dimitri and later Rose and Dimitri in their escape and we later see her getting detained for her deeds.
How Many Books are in the Series of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead?
There are a total of 6 (six) in the Vampire Academy series by international bestselling Author Richelle mead. Here they are below
- Vampire Academy: follows Dhampir Rosemarie “Rose” Hathaway and her best friend, Moroi princess Vasilissa “Lissa’ Dragomir, who after two years on the run, have been brought back to their school, St. Vladimir’s Academy. Rose and Lissa become caught in and must entangle themselves from forbidden romances and the Strigoi, evil and dangerous vampires who are set on turning Lissa into one of their own.
- Frostbite: follows Rose and Lissa as they navigate through their tangled love lives, a Strigoi attack which has St. Vladimir on high alert, and a school ski trip crashed by deadly Strigoi.
- Shadow Kiss: follows Rose and Lissa as graduation looms near. Rose begins to have worrying visions, and has fallen in love with her instructor and mentor, Dimitri Belikov. The Strigoi attack St. Vladimir’s, and Rose is forced to decide between protecting Lissa, or losing Dimitri.
- Blood Promise: follows Rose as she deals with the aftermath of the recent Strigoi attack on St. Vladimir’s. She must decide between honouring her life’s vow and protecting Lissa, or leaving the Academy to hunt down Dimitri, who is now a Strigoi.
- Spirit Bound: follows Rose as she returns to St. Vladimir’s. While life after graduation awaits both Rose and Lissa, Rose cannot forget about failing to kill Dimitri. Roses fears come true, and Dimitri comes hunting after her, now a Strigoi and wishing for her to join him too.
- Last Sacrifice: follows Rose who is in prison awaiting a wrongful execution, and Lissa who is grappling for the Moroi throne. Both must go to incredible lengths to find freedom, leaning on enemies and friends alike.
Where to buy Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead online
The paperback version of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead a New York bestseller can be easily bought from the following sites:
Read reviews on Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
Editorial reviews and praise for Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I loved Vampire Academy – it was a humorous, kick–ass, action–packed novel’
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead came out years and years ago in 2007 – I should have read it by now? Wrong: I have had this book since it came out and it has taken me eight years to finally read it! Two things happened – first of all, the amazing Hope Ortego (please check out her BookTube channel) read the series at the end of last year and recommended it to me, and second of all, I committed the bookish sin of watching the movie before reading the book. But thank goodness these things happened because I loved this book and it has become one of my favourite books this year!
Vampire Academy follows best friends Lissa Dragomir and Rose Hathaway, but they aren’t regular teenage girls. Instead, they are vampires. Unlike in regular vampire novels, however, I liked how Mead divided the types of Vampires into categories. We have the Moroi, who are pureblood vampires, mortal and wield magic, and the Dhampir, who are half Moroi and half human, and live their lives to protect the Moroi. Finally, we have the Strigoi, the bad vampires who are immortal, emotionless, evil and burn up in sunlight.
Lissa and Rose ran away from St Vladimir’s Academy over a year ago, and now they have returned, brought back by Dimitri, a Dhampir God. Rose has a mission – to protect Lissa no matter what – as the duo not only navigate through the drama of school, but also face survival against the Strigoi and an unknown source which is hunting them down.
Overall, I loved Vampire Academy – it was a humorous, kick-ass, action-packed novel. Rose is a strong and feisty character, while Lissa is still a strong character, but perhaps less feisty than Rose. The plot is enticing and a great introduction to the school and characters, which is making me increasingly excited to continue with the series. I have already devoured Frostbite!- The Guardian
Customer reviews on Amazon
5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good 10 years later!
Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2016
*Originally read May 2012*
*Reread December 2016*
Ten years. What a great time for a reread. It’s only been four years for me but it’s just as good four years later. Theres nothing else like it. Rose is a great heroine – loyal and fierce and snarky. I just love her. Her and Dimitri’s chemistry is off the charts, they are definitely in my top ten of favorite book couples.
The 10th anniversary edition also came with four short stories:
The Turn and the Flame – 5 stars
Told from Tasha Ozera’s pov, this story is set the night that Tasha’s brother and sister-in-law (Christian’s parents) voluntarily turned Strigoi. Tasha also lost a dHampir friend that was important to her and we find out how her face was scarred. Her horrific night just strengthened her belief that Moroi should learn to defend themselves. And, damnit, even knowing what she and Dimitri will briefly be to each other later on, it’s hard to hate her. Excellent story.
From the Journal of Vasilisa Dragomir – 3 stars
Meh. Journal entries of Lissa’s pov while she and Rose were on the run. We didn’t learn anything new.
The Meeting – 5 stars
Told from Dimitri’s pov, this is the scene from the beginning where he intercepts the girls to bring them back to St. Vladimir’s. From the start it’s clear the effect Rose has on Dimitri. Squee. I believe this story was actually previously released but it’s still a good one.
Hello, My Name is Rose Hathaway – 5 stars
The St. Varvara’s Day scavenger hunt is a tradition held every November during the carnival. It’s top secret from teachers. And Rose wants no part of it. Until Lissa begs her to participate because she wants one of the prizes. So she joins Mason and Eddie’s team. But when one of the items belongs to Dimitri, he soon busts her. Not to worry, Dimitri is up for a little fun and he helps her snatch one of the impossible to get items on the list. This one was a hoot to read. Loved it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICE
5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, vampires, and forbidden romance!
Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2019
I read these books ten years ago when I was going through the same paranormal frenzy that everyone else was, characterized by those “girl in a Gothic dress” covers that were so popular in the early 2010s. Most of them were crushing disappointments, but the Vampire Academy series blew my expectations out of the water and basically ended up being the cracktastic fun-fest I expected.The best way to describe it is to say that it’s like you took Harry Potter and infused it with high school scandal and backstabbing, with all of the doomed romance and girl-on-girl Machiavellian plotting of a K-drama. It reminded me a lot of Peach Girl, too, in that the heroine is sexualized by her peers because of the way she looks and spends the whole book struggling to save her friends and prove her character, despite everyone constantly judging her.
Rose is a damphir, which means she’s half-Moroi (good vampire) and half-damphir (hybrid). Moroi are vampires that can do elemental magic and they’re very good looking, but they’re physically frail. Damphir are faster and stronger, but they’re also infertile, so in exchange for protection and sometimes providing blood, Moroi hire Damphir to be their bodyguards, and Damphir use Moroi to keep the bloodline alive. It’s very symbiotic. The main thing that Damphir protect their charges against are Strigoi, which are bad vampires who like to kill.
Rose has a bond with Lissa, her Moroi friend, which allows her to sense when she’s in danger, as well as read her thoughts. It was one of those moments that led Rose to spirit Lissa away from their academy, and neither of them are very happy when they’re both brought back in disgrace. Rather than be expelled, Rose is given extra lessons to keep her in check with the man who brought her back in, a very hot guy named Dimitri, who is a Damphir just like her, and the acting guardian of her friend.
It seems like it should be a normal year, but someone is trying to chase Lissa away from the school, putting dead animals in her bed and making her life miserable. Through their connection, Rose sees her friend losing control, succumbing to depression and acting out in increasingly violent and irrational ways, including using her compulsion spells to use things against their will and hanging out with the resident bad boy, Christian, whose parents were both evil Strigoi. To make matters worse, her feelings for Dimitri are getting stronger and making it hard to focus a mind that is becoming increasingly not her own, as Lissa’s thoughts begin to invade hers more and more. And then the book reaches its climax, and everything explodes in fire and blood.
This is one of the few books I’ve reread that completely lived up to my memories of it, and the more I read, the more of it came back to me. I loved every moment of it, even the parts that normally would have made me turn up my nose in disgust if they had occurred in another book. Rose is such a strong character and I loved her bond with Lissa. Normally I only like the main love interest, but I liked Dimitri as much as I liked Christian. The boarding school element is done so well and provides an excellent element of isolation and danger, and the magic gave it a fun Harry Potter vibe, only less hocus pocus vibes and more Wicca.
The only taint about this book for me is the movie, which sucks. I don’t know what the people who made that movie were thinking but it was a fail. I think the only bigger disappointment was the spectacular flop, Boys Over Friends, AKA what happens with Americans try to take a popular manga/K-Drama idea and localize it for an American audience but end up ruining everything. People seriously need to figure out how to adapt YA books to movies without being fails, and I think reading the books might help, because I’m pretty sure a lot of those people probably just Cliffnotes it. It shows.
If you’re looking for something a little bit erotic, filled with adventure and magic and romance and all sorts of other good things, VAMPIRE ACADEMY is the perfect book to pick up. I blew through it in an afternoon, and can’t wait to read the rest of the books. Especially since they’re all on sale right now, so I could pick up all six for just under $12. I never actually finished the series and can’t wait to see how it ends. Especially with the zinger that this one ended on. Shadow-kissed, indeed.
5.0 out of 5 stars Unique
Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2017
Who has heard a vampire story?? Set in high school?? Ordinary girl who the sexy vampire falls in love with?? You too?? Are you tired of the same old story?? Me too!! Luckily for you this is not that story!
Vampire Academy takes vampire story telling for YA to a new level. Exploring what sounds like Russian lore we find out selves being introduced to 3 different types of vampires.
Dhampir: half human\ half vampire =super bad ass Moroi guardian
Moroi: born vampire with elemental magical abilities…have souls…mortal
Strigoi: turned vampire…immortal…no soul…kill for blood,power and greed
At the center of the story we find two best friends, Lisa’s (moroi) and Rose (dhampir). Rose has dedicated her life to protecting her friends life and will go any length to see it through. It is a beautiful relationship that, like all others, has its ups and downs but you truly are a sisterhood and loyalty between the two. Now of course we have to have a love interest so enter Dimitri. A beautiful warrior of a man. Strong silent type. Rose’s mentor! That complicated things now doesn’t it.
And that’s just the beginning. I don’t want to spoil the story of giveaway plot lines, but this story is truly amazing and unique. You will not find another like it. In the sea of vampire tells we need more originals such as this!
Download Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead pdf
Use the button below to download the eBook free and after reading the book, consider buying the paperback version.
Check out these titles below:
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard pdf Download, Book Series, Reviews
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, pdf Download Free
- Sin Eater pdf by Megan Campisi Free Download, Origin, Review
- Castle in their bones pdf epub by Laura Sebastian Download
- American Gods pdf by Neil Gaiman Download Free, Reviews
- Daughter of the Siren Queen PDF by Tricia Levenseller Download Free,
- A Wizard of Earthsea pdf by Ursula k. Leguin download Free
- Romeo and Juliet pdf by William Shakespeare Free Download
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor PDF, Reviews, Excerpt, Download
- The Way of Kings PDF by Brandon Sanderson, Free Download
- The Night Circus pdf by Erin Morgenstern, Free Online Download
- Assassin’s Apprentice pdf by Robin Hobb, Free Download & Reviews
- The Name of the Wind pdf by Patrick Rothfuss, Download Free
- Game of Thrones PDF by George R.R Martin, Reviews and More
- Verity Colleen Hoover PDF Free Download Online, Read & Buy
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone pdf by J.K Rowling
- Artemis PDF by Andy Weir, Download PDF and Read Reviews
- Legend of Randidly Ghosthound PDF by Noret Flood, Download
- House of Sky and Breath PDF by Sarah J. Maas Free Download