About the 2021 Global Excellence Stony Brook Scholarship
For the Stony Brook university scholarship, consideration is given to international students who are currently seniors in high school and have achieved a meritorious unweighted high school average.
It is a four-year scholarship. If a potential candidate has High school academic program, SAT/ACT scores, co-curricular activities, research experiences, or special talents or skills may also be taken into account.
Scholarships vary based on academic qualifications.
Students who are selected to receive the Global Excellence Scholarship will be notified via email and SOLAR. Be sure to check SOLAR for the most up to date terms and conditions for this award.
About Stony Brook University
Stony Brook university is a state university in New York, that is State University of New York at Stony Brook, which can be abbreviated as SUNY at Stony Brook. It is commonly called Stony Brook University SBU. It is a research tertiary institution for the public in the state of New York, in the city of Brookhaven.
Stony Brook university has one main campus in Stony Brook and two satellite campuses in South Korea and Southampton England. There are twelve schools and colleges in the institution. From enrolment data of the university, the Art and Science college is the largest.
Stony Brook was one of ten national universities awarded a National Science Foundation recognition award in 1998 for their integration of research and education. In the last three years, two Nobel Prizes were awarded to professors for their work conducted at Stony Brook.
Applicants must hold excellent high school average.
Applicants need to attain a minimum 1240-1420 SAT Score and 26-32 ACT Score.
Who can Apply
Level of Study
Applicants must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 at the end of each academic year.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:TOEFL (Internet-based) – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 105
- IB English Higher Level – 5
- AP English Language/Comp or Literature/Com exam – 3
- A -level (Advanced) English – C
- PTE Academic – 53
1st November 2021
Terms and conditions of the Stony Brook University Scholarship:
1. This annual fall/spring scholarship is renewable for a total of 4 consecutive years.
2. You must maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credits) as a matriculated undergraduate student at Stony Brook University.
3. If you withdraw from a term, enroll for less than full-time, or take one or more semesters off, your scholarship will not be renewed. Summer terms do not apply as they are not scholarship eligible terms.
4. You must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 at the end of each academic year.
5. This award may be reduced and/or canceled if other combined grants/scholarships exceed the total cost of education.
6. This award will be canceled if you are charged the New York State tuition rate.
7. If you are found responsible for academic dishonesty or any other violation of the Student Conduct Code, you will lose your scholarship support.
8. Stony Brook University is committed to celebrating equity, diversity and inclusion. As a member of this inclusive community, conduct or behavior unbecoming of a Stony Brook University Scholar will result in the loss of scholarship.
How to apply for the Stony Brook University Scholarship
There are three ways you can apply, you can chose from the three methods listed below:
Through the SUNY Application
Through the Common Application
Through the Coalition Application
You can as well visit the Official Website of the University to learn more about the scholarship.
The School also has other scholarship opportunities, you can check them out below.
If this scholarship is not for you due to the level of study in question or the value of the scholarship or eligibility for the scholarship, or if you do not meet any of the requirements needed to get the scholarship; do not worry, we have an article that will give you a vital information on how to get a scholarship, to study in any school of your choice, for any level of study, and in any country of the world. Click the button below.