What We Lose Pdf Summary
From an author of rare, haunting power, a stunning novel about a young African-American woman coming of age—a deeply felt meditation on race, sex, family, and country
Raised in Pennsylvania, Thandi views the world of her mother’s childhood in Johannesburg as both impossibly distant and ever present. She is an outsider wherever she goes, caught between being black and white, American and not. She tries to connect these dislocated pieces of her life, and as her mother succumbs to cancer, Thandi searches for an anchor—someone, or something, to love.
In arresting and unsettling prose, we watch Thandi’s life unfold, from losing her mother and learning to live without the person who has most profoundly shaped her existence, to her own encounters with romance and unexpected motherhood. Through exquisite and emotional vignettes, Clemmons creates a stunning portrayal of what it means to choose to live, after loss. An elegiac distillation, at once intellectual and visceral, of a young woman’s understanding of absence and identity that spans continents and decades, What We Lose heralds the arrival of a virtuosic new voice in fiction.
- An American Marriage Pdf Summary Reviews By Tayari Jones
- Sweet Baby Mine Pdf Summary Reviews By Maria Daversa
- Perfect Parents Pdf Summary Reviews By L.G Davis
- In Extremis: The Life of War Correspondent Marie Colvin Pdf By Lindsey Hilsum
What We Lose Review
Watch What We Lose pdf book review
About Zinzi Clemmons Author Of What We Lose Pdf Book
Zinzi Clemmons Author Of What We Lose Pdf Book was raised in Philadelphia by a South African mother and an American father. A graduate of Brown and Columbia, her writing has appeared in Zoetrope: All-Story, The Paris Review Daily, Transition, and The Common.
She is a co-founder and former publisher of Apogee Journal, a contributing editor to Literary Hub, and deputy editor for Phoneme Media.
She has received fellowships from the MacDowell Colony, Bread Loaf, the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, and the Kimbilio Center for African American Fiction.
Clemmons lives in Los Angeles with her husband
What We Lose pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Viking; Later Printing edition (July 11, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0735221715
- ISBN-13 : 978-0735221710
- Item Weight : 12 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.81 x 0.8 x 8.56 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,051,521 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #6,446 in Mothers & Children Fiction
- #15,667 in Women’s Domestic Life Fiction
- #30,559 in Contemporary Women Fiction
- Customer Reviews: 4.1 out of 5 stars 370 ratings
Get A Copy of What We Lose pdf or Paperback by Zinzi Clemmons
You can use any of the links below to get a copy of What We Lose pdf or Paperback by Zinzi Clemmons