Blue Nights Pdf Summary
From one of our most powerful writers, a work of stunning frankness about losing a daughter. Richly textured with bits of her own childhood and married life with her husband, John Gregory Dunne, and daughter, Quintana Roo, this book by Joan Didion examines her thoughts, fears, and doubts regarding having children, illness, and growing old.
Blue Nights opens on July 26, 2010, as Didion thinks back to Quintana’s wedding in New York seven years before. Today would be her wedding anniversary. This fact triggers vivid snapshots of Quintana’s childhood—in Malibu, in Brentwood, at school in Holmby Hills. Reflecting on her daughter but also on her role as a parent, Didion asks the candid questions any parent might about how she feels she failed either because cues were not taken or perhaps displaced. “How could I have missed what was clearly there to be seen?” Finally, perhaps we all remain unknown to each other. Seamlessly woven in are incidents Didion sees as underscoring her own age, something she finds hard to acknowledge, much less accept.
Blue Nights—the long, light evening hours that signal the summer solstice, “the opposite of the dying of the brightness, but also its warning”—like The Year of Magical Thinking before it, is an iconic book of incisive and electric honesty, haunting and profoundly moving.
- The Marriage Of Opposites Pdf Summary Reviews By Alice Hoffman
- The Red Garden Pdf Summary Reviews By Alice Hoffman
- The Ice Queen Pdf Summary Reviews By Alice Hoffman
- Faithful Pdf Summary Reviews By Alice Hoffman
Blue Nights Review
Watch Blue Nights pdf book review
About Joan Didion Author Of Blue Nights pdf Book
Joan Didion Author Of Blue Nights pdf Book, She was born in California and lived in New York City. She was best known for her novels and her literary journalism.
Her novels and essays explore the disintegration of American morals and cultural chaos, where the overriding theme is individual and social fragmentation. A sense of anxiety or dread permeates much of her work.
Blue Nights pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Knopf; First Edition (November 1, 2011)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0307267679
- ISBN-13 : 978-0307267672
- Item Weight : 11.2 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.75 x 0.75 x 8.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #596,421 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2,832 in Author Biographies
- #6,433 in Women’s Biographies
- #20,733 in Memoirs (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5 stars 1,559 ratings
Get A Copy Of Blue Nights pdf Or Paperback By Joan Didion
You Can get A Copy Of Blue Nights pdf Or Paperback By Joan Didion from these online stores below.