Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World Pdf Summary
An insider’s groundbreaking investigation of how the global elite’s efforts to “change the world” preserve the status quo and obscure their role in causing the problems they later seek to solve.
Former New York Times columnist Anand Giridharadas takes us into the inner sanctums of a new gilded age, where the rich and powerful fight for equality and justice any way they can–except ways that threaten the social order and their position atop it. We see how they rebrand themselves as saviors of the poor; how they lavishly reward “thought leaders” who redefine “change” in winner-friendly ways; and how they constantly seek to do more good, but never less harm. We hear the limousine confessions of a celebrated foundation boss; witness an American president hem and haw about his plutocratic benefactors; and attend a cruise-ship conference where entrepreneurs celebrate their own self-interested magnanimity.
Giridharadas asks hard questions: Why, for example, should our gravest problems be solved by the unelected upper crust instead of the public institutions it erodes by lobbying and dodging taxes? He also points toward an answer: Rather than rely on scraps from the winners, we must take on the grueling democratic work of building more robust, egalitarian institutions and truly changing the world. A call to action for elites and everyday citizens alike.
- Laura & Emma Pdf Summary Reviews By Kate Greathead
- Creative Quest Pdf Summary Reviews By Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson
- Like Brothers Pdf Summary Reviews By Mark Duplass and Jay Duplass
- How to be Famous Pdf Summary Reviews By Caitlin Moran
About Anand Giridharadas Author Of Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World Pdf Book
Anand Giridharadas writes the Admit One column for the New York Times‘s arts pages and the Currents column for its global edition. He is the author of India Calling: An Intimate Portrait of A Nation’s Remaking. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- ASIN : 0451493249
- Publisher : Knopf; First Edition, First Printing (August 28, 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780451493248
- ISBN-13 : 978-0451493248
- Item Weight : 1.33 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.53 x 1.15 x 9.52 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #131,775 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #42 in Philanthropy & Charity (Books)
- #150 in Sociology of Class
- #203 in Democracy (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5 stars 2,018 ratings
Get A Copy of Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World pdf or Paperback by Anand Giridharadas
You can use any of the links below to get a copy of Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World pdf or Paperback by Anand Giridharadas