The Answers Pdf Summary
The Answers Pdf is an urgent, propulsive novel about a woman learning to negotiate her ailment and its various aftereffects via the simulacrum of a perfect romantic relationship
In Catherine Lacey’s ambitious second novel we are introduced to Mary, a young woman living in New York City and struggling to cope with a body that has betrayed her. All but paralyzed with pain, Mary seeks relief from a New Agey treatment called Pneuma Adaptive Kinesthesia, PAKing for short. And, remarkably, it works. But PAKing is prohibitively expensive and Mary is dead broke. So she scours Craigslist for fast-cash jobs and finds herself applying for the “Girlfriend Experiment,” the brainchild of an eccentric actor, Kurt Sky, who is determined to find the perfect relationship—even if that means paying different women to fulfill distinctive roles. Mary is hired as the “Emotional Girlfriend”—certainly better than the “Anger Girlfriend” or the “Maternal Girlfriend”—and is pulled into Kurt’s ego-driven and messy attempt at human connection.
Told in her signature spiraling prose, The Answers is full of the singular yet universal insights readers have come to expect from Lacey. It is a gorgeous hybrid of the plot- and the idea-driven novel that will leave you reeling.
- Theft by Finding: Diaries 1977-2002 Pdf Summary Reviews By David Sedaris
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness Pdf By Arundhati Roy
- South and West: From a Notebook Pdf Summary Reviews By Joan Didion
- Joni: The Anthology Pdf Summary Reviews By Barney Hoskyns
The Answers Review
Watch The Answers pdf book
About Catherine Lacey Author of The Answers Pdf Book
Catherine Lacey is the author of three novels: Nobody Is Ever Missing, The Answers, and Pew, as well as a story collection, Certain American States.
Her work has appeared in The New Yorker, Harper’s, The Believer, Playboy, The New York Times, and has been translated into a dozen languages. Her honors include a Guggenheim fellowship, a Whiting Award, and a NYFA Fellowship. Pew won the 2021 NYPL Young Lions Fiction Award, and was shortlisted for The Dylan Thomas Prize.
Her fifth book, Biography of X, is forthcoming from Farrar, Straus & Giroux in March 2023. She lives in New York and México
The Answers pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Farrar, Straus and Giroux (June 6, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0374100268
- ISBN-13 : 978-0374100261
- Lexile measure : 1230L
- Item Weight : 14.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.83 x 1.06 x 8.54 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #986,718 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1,099 in Financial Thrillers (Books)
- #14,042 in Psychological Thrillers (Books)
- #43,652 in Literary Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 3.6 out of 5 stars 129 ratings
Get A copy of The Answers Pdf or Paperback By catherine lacey
You can get A copy of The Answers Pdf or Paperback By catherine lacey from these online store links below.