A Passage North Pdf Summary
A young man journeys into Sri Lanka’s war-torn north in this searing novel of longing, loss, and the legacy of war from the award-winning author of The Story of a Brief Marriage.
A Passage North begins with a message from out of the blue: a telephone call informing Krishan that his grandmother’s caretaker, Rani, has died under unexpected circumstances–found at the bottom of a well in her village in the north, her neck broken by the fall. The news arrives on the heels of an email from Anjum, an impassioned yet aloof activist Krishnan fell in love with years before while living in Delhi, stirring old memories and desires from a world he left behind.
As Krishan makes the long journey by train from Colombo into the war-torn Northern Province for Rani’s funeral, so begins an astonishing passage into the innermost reaches of a country. At once a powerful meditation on absence and longing, as well as an unsparing account of the legacy of Sri Lanka’s thirty-year civil war, this procession to a pyre “at the end of the earth” lays bare the imprints of an island’s past, the unattainable distances between who we are and what we seek.
Written with precision and grace, Anuk Arudpragasam’s masterful new novel is an attempt to come to terms with life in the wake of devastation, and a poignant memorial for those lost and those still alive.
- My Year Abroad Pdf Summary Reviews By Chang-rae Lee
- Oh William! Pdf Summary Review by Elizabeth Strout
- Aftershocks Pdf Summary Reviews By Nadia Owusu
- The Prophets Pdf Summary Reviews By Robert Jones Jr.
- Malibu Rising Pdf Summary Review by Taylor Jenkins Reid
A Passage North Review
Watch A Passage North pdf book review
About Anuk Arudpragasam Author of A Passage North Pdf Book
Anuk Arudpragasam the Author of A Passage North Pdf Book is a Sri Lankan Tamil novelist. His first novel, The Story of a Brief Marriage, was translated into seven languages, won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature, and was shortlisted for the Dylan Thomas Prize. His second novel, A Passage North, came out in July 2021 and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize.
A Passage North pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Hogarth (July 13, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0593230701
- ISBN-13 : 978-0593230701
- Item Weight : 14.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.75 x 1.03 x 8.53 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #439,347 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1,646 in Cultural Heritage Fiction
- #4,367 in War Fiction (Books)
- #22,576 in Literary Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 3.9 out of 5 stars 1,107 ratings
Get A Copy of A Passage North Pdf Or Paperback By Anuk Arudpragasam
You can get A Copy of A Passage North Pdf Or Paperback By Anuk Arudpragasam from these online stores below.