If you are a foreign student looking for a fully funded undergraduate scholarship to study at one of the best universities in the Asian continent, then search no further as Nanyang Technological university (NTU) Singapore is offering fully funded scholarships to pursue an undergraduate degree program for the 2020/2021 academic year. The Nanyang scholarship award recognizes students who succeed academically, demonstrate good leadership ability and also have outstanding co-curricular records. The grant covers full tuition fees, living expenses, accommodation and travel allowances.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at the University
- Candidates must possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent co-curricular records.
- Applicants must have strong leadership qualities and potential.
- Candidates are required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over a 5.0 scale. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards.
Acceptable courses for the award
The scholarships are open to freshmen studying for an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Accountancy and Business
- Art, Design & Media
- Communication Studies
- Social Sciences
- Sport Science.
Why you should choose to study at NTU
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is Singapore’s second oldest public research university, ranked 13 in the world. Students at NTU learn from some of the world’s best teachers and enjoy a well-rounded education. It provides the global stage for the future with a broad network of academic and business partners. NTU is a World class university in Singapore and has several colleges and schools which offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree program in the field of Arts, Engineering, Science, Business, Medicine, Humanities amongst other fields.
Benefits of the award
The Nanyang scholarship award offers the following benefits
- Full coverage of subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas program subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
- Priority for an overseas program
- No bond is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore permanent residents (PRs) and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
How to apply for the scholarship award
This scholarship is definitely a competitive one so getting your application right is very crucial. In order to be considered for the award, applicants are required to apply for admission in an undergraduate degree program at the Nanyang technological university after which they are required to fill an online application form for the scholarship and submit with the following necessary documents before the deadline. The required documents which are to be uploaded online are as follows;
A recent passport photograph (Digital image)
High School diploma certificate
School transcripts readily available
Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
Official survey results
Personal Essay (300 Words)
In Singapore, a student visa is called a student pass, international students whose course of study will last more than 30 days (applies to the 4-week and 6-week summer program) will require a Student Pass. You will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter from the immigration and checkpoints authority (ICA) via NTU if your student’s passport application is accepted. NTU will also notify you if ICA denies your application.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2021
University Location: 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798.
Start your applications immediately, get it right and be one step closer to achieving your goals. Success in your applications!!