Black Cake Pdf Summary
We can’t choose what we inherit. But can we choose who we become?
In present-day California, Eleanor Bennett’s death leaves behind a puzzling inheritance for her two children, Byron and Benny: a black cake, made from a family recipe with a long history, and a voice recording. In her message, Eleanor shares a tumultuous story about a headstrong young swimmer who escapes her island home under suspicion of murder. The heartbreaking tale Eleanor unfolds, the secrets she still holds back, and the mystery of a long-lost child challenge everything the siblings thought they knew about their lineage and themselves.
Can Byron and Benny reclaim their once-close relationship, piece together Eleanor’s true history, and fulfill her final request to “share the black cake when the time is right”? Will their mother’s revelations bring them back together or leave them feeling more lost than ever?
Charmaine Wilkerson’s debut novel is a story of how the inheritance of betrayals, secrets, memories, and even names can shape relationships and history. Deeply evocative and beautifully written, Black Cake is an extraordinary journey through the life of a family changed forever by the choices of its matriarch.
- Young Mungo Pdf Summary Reviews By Douglas Stuart
- Fiona and Jane Pdf Summary Reviews By Jean Chen Ho
- Trust Pdf Summary Reviews By Hernan Diaz
- Olga Dies Dreaming Pdf Summary Reviews By Xóchitl González
Black Cake Review
Watch Black Cake pdf book review
About Charmaine Wilkerson Author Of Black Cake pdf Book
Charmaine Wilkerson Author Of Black Cake pdf Book has lived in the Caribbean and is based in Italy. She is a former journalist and recovered marathon runner whose award-winning short stories can be found in various UK and US anthologies and magazines. Black Cake (2022) will be her first novel.
Black Cake pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Ballantine Books (February 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 400 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0593358333
- ISBN-13 : 978-0593358337
- Reading age : 13+ years, from customers
- Item Weight : 1.4 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.5 x 1.26 x 9.54 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,107 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #27 in Black & African American Women’s Fiction (Books)
- #122 in Women’s Domestic Life Fiction
- #215 in Family Life Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars 10,721 ratings
Get A Copy Of Black Cake pdf Or Paperback By Charmaine Wilkerson
You can Get A Copy of Black Cake pdf Or Paperback By Charmaine Wilkerson from these online stores below.