The Algoma University in Northern Ontario is offering a scholarship opportunity through its Chancellor’s Award for the academic session 2022/2023. The scholarship program will provide $5,000 annually for international students entering their first year of study.
Application Deadline: December 15th, 2021
- University or Organization: Algoma University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Any
- Awards: $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all applicants across the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: In any subject area offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be studying on a full-time basis.
- Must complete all the qualifying requirements in the academic year before commencing studying under this program.
- Must achieve a minimum A+ average on their previous academic record.
- How to Apply: Applicant has to apply for admission to any programme offered by the university. After applying, students can apply directly to the Algoma University application portal or via the OUAC 105 portal.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit all copies of transcripts, including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts and diplomas/degrees, if applicable. If applicants have been out of school for more than two years, they must provide Gap Letter/Gap Explanation documents detailing their recent professional history.
- Admission Requirements: Students must enrol in and maintain 24 credits over two consecutive fall/winter terms of study. Applicants have to maintain an average of 80 per cent each year on previous fall/winter courses with no failures.
- Language Requirement: To meet the English Language Requirements, applicants must score the given points: Cambridge Assessment of English – 185 overall, Duolingo Test of English (DTE) – 125, IELTS – Overall 7.0, no band less than 6, Pearson Test of English (Academic) – 65, TOEFL – 560 (85 internet-based).
Algoma University is offering an honor of $5,000 to help and financially assist all applicants who are citizens of any country can apply for this application.