A Gate at the Stairs Pdf Summary
A Gate at the Stairs is a novel on the anxiety and disconnection of post-9/11 America, on the insidiousness of racism, the blind-sidedness of war, and the recklessness thrust on others in the name of love.
As the United States begins gearing up for war in the Middle East, twenty-year-old Tassie Keltjin, the Midwestern daughter of a gentleman hill farmer—his “Keltjin potatoes” are justifiably famous—has come to a university town as a college student, her brain on fire with Chaucer, Sylvia Plath, Simone de Beauvoir.
Between semesters, she takes a job as a part-time nanny.
The family she works for seems both mysterious and glamorous to her, and although Tassie had once found children boring, she comes to care for, and to protect, their newly adopted little girl as her own.
As the year unfolds and she is drawn deeper into each of these lives, her own life back home becomes ever more alien to her: her parents are frailer; her brother, aimless and lost in high school, contemplates joining the military. Tassie finds herself becoming more and more the stranger she felt herself to be, and as life and love unravel dramatically, even shockingly, she is forever changed.
- Jonathan Swift Pdf Summary Reviews By Leo Damrosch
- Practical Magic Pdf Summary Reviews By Alice Hoffman
- The Blood Telegram Pdf Summary Reviews By Gary J. Bass
- Empress Dowager Cixi Pdf Summary Reviews By Jung Chang
A Gate at the Stairs Book Review
Watch A Gate at the Stairs pdf book review
About Lorrie Moore Author of a Gate at the Stairs pdf Book
Lorrie Moore Author Of A Gate at the Stairs pdf Book, She is the Gertrude Conaway Vanderbilt Professor of English at Vanderbilt University. She is the recipient of a Lannan Foundation fellowship, as well as the PEN/Malamud Award and the Rea Award for her achievement in the short story. She is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters. She lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
A Gate at the Stairs pdf, Paperback, Hardcover Book Information
- Publisher : Knopf; First Edition (September 1, 2009)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0375409289
- ISBN-13 : 978-0375409288
- Item Weight : 1.08 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.94 x 1.12 x 8.64 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,317,519 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #16,796 in Contemporary Literature & Fiction
- #22,186 in Family Life Fiction (Books)
- #59,666 in Literary Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews: 3.6 out of 5 stars 403 ratings
Get A Copy Of A Gate at the Stairs pdf Or Paperback By Lorrie Moore
You Can get A Copy Of A Gate at the Stairs pdf Or Paperback By Lorrie Moore from these online store links below.